Policies and governance
Our customer charter sets out our service standards and conditions, and your rights and obligations as a customer.
The charter is in line with the Customer Service Code from the Essential Services Commission.
Statements of Obligations
- Statement of Obligations (General)
- Statement of Obligations (Emissions Reduction)
For more information, refer to the Governance and Planning section of the Department of Land, Water, Environment and Planning website.
We are bound by the following state and federal legislation:
- Water Act 1989 (Vic)
- Water Industry Act 1994 (Vic)
- Catchment and Land Protection Act 1994 (Vic)
- Safe Drinking Water Act 2003 (Vic)
- Environment Protection Act 1970 (Vic)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic)
- Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
- Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth)
- Financial Management Act 1994 (Vic)
- Public Administration Act 2004 (Vic)
- Building Act 1993 (Vic)
- Public Interest Disclosures Act 2012 (Vic)
Under the Water Act 1989 we can enact by-laws effective within our service area as required.
Gifts, benefits and hospitality
Our employees, Board members and ‘in-house’ contractors and consultants are bound by our policy for gifts, benefits and hospitality. The policy sets out our standards and procedures for responding to gift offers.
Customers in financial hardship
We care about our customers and we realise that some people may have difficulty in paying their bills.
We’re committed to helping customers in financial hardship to reduce their debt and meet future payments.
We are committed to providing confidential and respectful assistance to customers experiencing family violence.
This policy is for customers experiencing family violence, with the safety of our customers and employees being paramount. It is now widely recognised that government, corporate and community sectors all have a responsibility to work together to support those experiencing family violence. A collaborative and integrated response is essential in order to effect long-term systemic change.
Integrated Management System
Our integrated management system is the framework of policies, processes and procedures that define, control and improve our customer satisfaction, environmental management, and the health and safety of our customers and staff.
We comply with the following international and Australian standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Codex HACCP CAC/RCP 1-1969 REV 4, 2003 Food Safety Management System