To ensure the health and safety of our workers and visitors, all contractors are required to successfully complete an induction before commencing work at Barwon Water sites. In addition, site-specific inductions may also be required.
These inductions are valid for two years from the date of issue, and it is the contractor’s responsibility to make sure their induction is valid.
Contractors performing certain activities must complete a face-to-face induction with a Barwon Water health and safety advisor.
We conduct face-to-face safety inductions weekly at our Geelong head office.
Where: Barwon Water, 55-67 Ryrie Street, Geelong VIC 3220. Meet at Seasons Café at the rear of the building (access from Aitchison Place).
When: 7.30 to 8.00 am, Tuesday mornings.
Each induction session consists of:
- information on occupational health and safety requirements for Barwon Water sites,
- taking copies of relevant licenses and competencies,
- a short quiz.
Bookings are essential – please contact your Barwon Water contact or project manager for more information.
Prior to accessing a Barwon Water site, you’ll be required to present proof of induction and identification.
You may also need to provide job-specific information, such as:
- a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) or Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for any substances brought on-site
- proof of electrical equipment test and tag
- other licenses or tickets as required.
Information for telecommunications industry access to Barwon Water sites
The following information is for telecommunications industry contractors. It relates to access to Barwon Water sites.
- name and contact phone number
- name of company performing the work
- name and location of site to be accessed
- nature and duration of work
- estimated time for key pick-up.
Key pick-up and return
Keys for site access can be picked up from (and returned to) Barwon Water’s head office during business hours.
The contractor will be given one key for the requested site, and site-specific induction information.
Things to note
- The contractor must phone Barwon Water upon site entry and exit.
- Keys are loaned to approved contractors. You cannot keep the keys.
- If you need to return the keys after hours, contact us. We will provide an access code to a key safe.
- If work is delayed by more than two days, you’ll need to return the key and re-schedule access.