Information for suppliers and contractors
Barwon Water completes all purchasing and tendering in a fair and ethical manner, and obtaining goods and services at the best value available.
This is achieved by adhering to the:
- Financial Management (Amendment) Act 1994 for all non-construction procurement of goods and services, and
- Project Development and Construction Management Act 1994 and supporting Ministerial Directions for Public Construction Procurement in Victoria for all construction related works.
COVID Safe Plan
In accordance with Victorian Government recommendations, we have adopted a COVID Safe Plan. The plan sets out:
- how we keep records of employees, contactors and visitors to our sites
- control measures to mitigate the introduction of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our workplace, including details about personal protective equipment
- protocols for preparing for, and responding to, suspected or confirmed cases of coronavirus in our workplace.
This plan is for all worksites under the control of Barwon Water and subsidiary company Barwon Asset Solutions. It will be continually reviewed and updated as required.
All new tenders associated with the procurement of construction works, and goods and services by Barwon Water are advertised on the online tendering sites: Buying for Victoria and Tenderlink.
Procurement activity plan
The table below identifies the anticipated public tender release dates for planned construction projects and goods and services procurements during 2021.
The following thresholds apply to each of these purchase categories:
In line with Victorian Government policy we provide summary details of all active contracts valued at $100,000 or more.
Constructions contracts are published on the Buying for Victoria website.
Goods and services contracts awarded from December 2020 are published on the Buying for Victoria website. Goods and services contracts awarded prior to December 2020 are published below.
For any enquiries, please contact us to speak with a member of our Procurement team.
General conditions for purchase of goods and services
Barwon Water's general conditions for purchase of goods and services, that apply to all purchase orders, are provided below.
Gifts, benefits and hospitality
Suppliers should be aware of our obligations under the policy.
Procurement enquiries and complaints
We aim to address enquiries and resolve complaints quickly and fairly. The Chief Procurement Officer is the first point of contact for enquiries, such as those relating to our tender process or competitive neutrality.