This page provides detailed information on the approval process for connecting to Barwon Water’s water, recycled water and sewerage infrastructure, or modifying existing connections. This process is typically carried out by a builder and/or plumber on behalf of the property owner.
Technical information for plumbers
The following documentation provides technical information for plumbers, to ensure they meet the plumbing industry requirements for connecting to our network.
Property connections and disconnections
- Tapping requirements (PDF 413.4 KB)
- Diagram of a typical domestic tapping (PDF 252.1 KB)
- Metering requirements and sizing guide (PDF 3.0 MB)
- Large meter installation requirements and sizing guide (PDF 1.7 MB)
- Notice to fit water meters to newly constructed mains (PDF 112.2 KB)
- Procedure for tappings on cracked asbestos pipes (PDF 215.2 KB)
- Recycled water: conditions of connection (PDF 44.6 KB)
- Pressure Sewer System - Important information for plumbers (PDF 385.6 KB)
- Property connection decommissioning process flowchart (PDF 47.9 KB)
Works on or near Barwon Water assets
- Works on or near Barwon Water assets: customer guide (PDF 58.2 KB)
- Works on or near Barwon Water assets: application form (PDF 172.2 KB)