Many of our drinking water reserves are also great locations for sightseeing and recreation. While most of our facilities are closed for operational and safety reasons, we provide access to some reservoirs, for walking, fishing, bird watching, mountain biking, dog walking (on a lead), sightseeing and picnicking.
To maintain the health and water quality of our catchments and reservoirs, water sports, including swimming, boating, canoeing and kayaking are not permitted at any of our sites.
Recreational fishing is allowed within designated sections of certain reservoirs.
Many of our reservoirs support healthy populations of fish. Fishing is permitted within designated sections of:
- West Barwon Reservoir
- Wurdee Boluc Reservoir
- Bostock Reservoir
- Upper Stony Creek Reservoir No. 1
- Painkalac Reservoir
- Bolwarra Weir.
To ensure our catchments remain safe and clean, please observe these simple rules when fishing at our sites:
- No boats.
- Fish from the shore only (no wading).
- No cleaning of fish on site.
- No berleying, ground baiting, or digging for bait.
- Don’t litter. Please use the bins provided or take your rubbish home.
- Recreational fishing licence required. Fisheries officers regularly check our reservoirs for illegal fishing.