Moving address

Moving house and hold a concession card?

When you move, your concession doesn’t automatically follow you to your new address.

Once your details are up-to-date with Centrelink, you’ll need to re-apply your concession, or contact us to make the change.

Residential tenants

If you rent a property with its own water meter, you’re normally responsible for paying the water usage charges – your landlord typically pays the fixed water and sewerage charges.

When you move in or out of a rental property, you’ll need to notify us at least 2 days prior to your move. You (or your real estate agent or landlord) can do this online using the form below.

We’ll arrange to take a reading of your water meter on the day you move (or next business day) to ensure you are only billed for the water you used while occupying the property.

Form: Tenancy notification - Tenant

Form: Tenancy notification - Owner or Agent

Residential life tenants

Life tenancies are special arrangements where a tenant is responsible for paying all water charges. These tenancies must be greater than 5 years, and be agreed to by both the owner and tenant.

If you have a residential life tenancy, you can register it online. This form can be completed by either the owner or tenant.

Form: Application for residential occupier to pay all charges

Commercial tenants

We can arrange to issue bills directly to the occupier of a commercial property if an agreement has been made with the property owner to pay all water charges. To organise this, the owner must authorise us to issue the account to the occupier.

If you’re an owner, real estate agent or tenant, you can use the forms below to update or change your commercial details, including providing consent to issue bills directly to the occupier, or to notify us if the occupier is vacating.

Form: Tenancy notification - Tenant

Form: Tenancy notification - Owner or Agent

Property owners: buying and selling

Your solicitor or conveyancer will arrange the paperwork for us to open your account (when buying), or close it (when selling).

When you sell, your solicitor or conveyancer adjusts your account at settlement; you won’t receive a final bill from us.

Notes for solicitors and conveyancers

Please submit a notice of acquisition (for the purchaser) or disposition (for the vendor) at the time of settlement. These notices must:

  • be in writing
  • include an updated postal address for correspondence with the customer.

To request an information statement, information statement update, special meter reading and/or drainage plan, please use our property enquiry application tool.