Policies and governance
Our policies set goals and guidelines for the organisation and our staff.
Our Strategic Intent is our guiding document for the next five years.
It consists of a promise to our customers and stakeholders, strategic directions and objectives for our business, and actions for our staff.
More on the Strategic Intent
Integrated Management System
Our integrated management system is the framework of policies, processes and procedures that define, control and improve our customer satisfaction, environmental management, and the health and safety of our customers and staff.
We comply with the following international and Australian standards:
- AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
- ASNZS ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- HACCPVER:2003 Food Safety Management System
- NATA ISO IEC 17025 International Laboratory Standard
- ISO 31000 Risk Management System.
We are bound by the following state and federal legislation:
- Water Act 1989
- Water Industry Act 1994
- Water (Governance) Act 2006
- Catchment and Land Protection Act 1994
- Safe Drinking Water Act 2003
- Environment Protection Act 1970
- Essential Services Legislation (Dispute Resolution) Act 2000
- Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000
- Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Financial Management Act 1994
- Building control Act 1993
- Protected Disclosures Act 2012.
Statement of Obligations
Under the Water Industry Act, the Minister for Water made and issued a Statement of Obligations to Victorian water corporations.
Department of Sustainability and Environment: Statement of Obligations for Victorian Water Corporations
Under the Water Act, we can enact by-laws effective within our service area as required.
Water Supply and Sewerage Plumbing Administrative By-Law 183 (PDF 89 KB)
Trade Waste By-Law 184 (PDF 46 KB)
Water Restrictions By-Law 190 (PDF 274 KB)